Friday, March 3, 2017

Exhausted Silence #SOL17 3/31

Wow, what a week!  The week started with a lovely sinus infection.  I knew it was inevitable with Mother Nature not being able to make up her mind as well as things starting to bloom.  Sitting in the cool air and wind Monday evening watching my daughter play soccer definitely didn't help.  Then on Tuesday, I had no voice, literally.  Since I haven't really had a voice this week, I tried something new in class.  I took them to the computer lab, had them watch a video lesson, and complete an assignment.  They loved it and have asked to do it more!  Although I didn't feel comfortable with relying on videos to teach, it was nice to have that as an option since I couldn't speak.  You don't realize how much energy is needed in order to make your voice heard.  Now, I sit in the living room in silence, exhausted...

Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better, relax this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely earned that rest! It's amazing what us teachers can do. Rest, rest, rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaching without a voice is the worst! I'm glad you found a way to accommodate with your class. Hope you can rest up and recover this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing your voice as a teacher is the worst. You are right in that it does take a lot of energy to get those sounds out. Thank goodness for modern technology! Now, enjoy your weekend and get some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete